Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen (SDCC) is responsible for conference finance and content.
The conference will be a forum for innovative collaboration and dialogue between researchers, users, and other relevant experts at the highest international level. An important element of the conference will be outreach and dissemination of the main results and recommendations.
The Scientific Organizing Committee's (SOC) primary responsibility is facilitation and coordination of the four-group process leading up to the conference and preparation of the conference programme.
SOC consists of:
- Professor Bjarne Bruun Jensen (chair) SDCC
- Representatives from The Danish Diabetes Association
- Representatives from each of the four groups
- Selected national and international experts (including users).
Other Steno Centres in Denmark are represented via SOC or the researcher groups.
Members of Scientific Organizing Committee (SOC)
- Bjarne Bruun Jensen, DK (Chair) – Professor and Senior Adviser, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Janet Harris, UK – Reader, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield
- Richard IG Holt, UK – Professor, Medicine, University of Southampton
- Birgitte Brock, – Professor, Clinical Research, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Ingrid Willaing, DK – Professor, Health Promotion Research, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Kasper Olesen, DK – Senior Researcher, Health Promotion Research, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Paul Bloch, DK – Senior Researcher, Health Promotion Research, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Helle Terkildsen Maindal, DK – Professor, Department of Public Health, Aarhus University
- Peter Rossing, DK – Professor, Clinical Research, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Kirsten Lomborg, DK – Professor, Clinical Research, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Lone Holm, DK – Head of User Involvement program, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Ole Nørgaard, DK – Danish Diabetes Knowledge Center, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Annesofie Lunde Jensen, DK – Clinical Nursing Specialist and Postdoc, Steno Diabetes Center Aarhus
- Anna Pietraszek, DK – Clinician and associate professor, Steno Diabetes Center North Denmark
- Tanja Thybo, DK – Head of Research and Analysis, Danish Diabetes Association
- Tina Blichfeldt, DK – User representative, Steering Committee of the User involvement program, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
Each research group consists of two co-chairs, one of whom is from SDCC, and 3-5 additional international researchers with expertise in the specific domain. The two co-chairs will structure the group's work in collaboration with SOC.
The national user group is facilitated by an individual from SDCC and a co-chair and consists of representatives from various user groups. The group will address the issues described above and be represented in SOC. SOC is expected to meet 6-8 times in the period leading up to the conference and at least once after the conference for the purpose of finalizing CODUIC.
Funding and collaboration
Financial support for the conference comes from SDCC, conference fees, and funding from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. There is no industry financial support.
Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen is the institution responsible for conference finance and content and is collaborating closely with the other Steno Diabetes Centres in Denmark and the Diabetes Association, as well as selected national and international research environments. Planning and execution of the conference will be in close collaboration with Crone & Co., a Copenhagen-based professional conference organizer.